Supplier name: Appvia
Publication date: 30th September 2022
Commitment to achieving Net Zero
Appvia is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2023.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Emissions reduction targets
We will be monitoring and measuring all emissions activity. We are a scaling business but will be continuing to look at ways to offset any carbon emissions as we grow. We will review the position again in 6 months time against our 2021 baseline.
Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2021 baseline. The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to 2tCO2e and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract
Appvia’s services primarily ship applications quickly and securely across multiple clouds so companies can get the most out of their Cloud teams with Developer self-service. Using cloud technology is a more energy efficient way of storing data. This energy efficiency is achieved by innovating at a scale that is unattainable to most businesses and includes liquid immersion cooling, hydrogen fuel cells and algorithms.
Actions developed to date include:
- Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of the decision making processes
- Sustainable sourcing Purchasing Policy
- Actively promote ‘video conferencing’ as a means of reducing travelling / hybrid working arrangements in place
- Introduced remote and hybrid work policies, reducing staff commuting CO2e
- Installation of energy efficient devices, and therefore carbon reducing equipment throughout Company premises
- Encouraging vehicle sharing where possible
- Encouraging the use of public transport wherever practical
- Purchased larger recycling bins which are in place and increased our ability to recycle more efficiently
- Re-use of corporate devices for new staff, reducing the device production CO2e
In the future, we hope to implement further measures such as:
- Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets.
- Continue to promote recycling, and the use of recycled products to help reduce the amount of waste sent to landfill.
- Continue to promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst our employees, suppliers, and others and seek to continuously improve Company environmental performance.
- Continue to actively promote ‘video conferencing as a means of reducing traveling.
- Evaluate the potential benefits of carbon off-setting and research carbon offsetting projects
- Investigating whether we can offer facilities to help staff purchase electric cars.
Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standards for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and use the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the Supplier:
Chief Operating Officer