Appvia is a new and exciting IT start-up helping companies deliver software. We are developer focused and provide development teams with products and services that make their day-to-day lives easier, whilst also creating standardisation and best practice for the wider organisation. We are passionate about driving value to our clients and have a desire to make their organisation succeed.
One of the core principles to Appvia is company ethos. We have a positive and inclusive culture that ensures a happy team, committed to the quality of our work and who support each other to create a relaxed, exciting but professional working environment. This helps us not only to maintain staff who feel contented and proud of where they work, but also happy and satisfied customers. It is not just our people who buy into our company culture, but our customers too.
Embark on your digital journey
You will be mentored by teams that have worked in the industry for 15+ years. You will learn how the market is constantly evolving and learn to evolve with it to develop platform solutions from cloud services to dedicated private infrastructures, generate cutting-edge software solutions and lead project delivery to transform clients’ digital landscapes.
Reporting to the Platform Lead, the Junior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be part of a fast moving and highly technical team working on central platforms to support the software development life cycle. The Junior SRE will work within a central function dedicated to improving a platform built around self service for developers, and will care deeply about building reliable, well-tested systems, collaboratively with others.
The Recruitment Manager will work closely with product and engineering teams to understand the problem domain the Company is working with, and be able to write job descriptions and find talent to fill the gaps. The Recruitment Manager will also work closely with the HR Manager with regards to the available positions, to the offers made to successful candidates and the on-boarding of new team members.
- Working through customer (developer) support issues and communicating in a professional and timely manner.
- Automating solutions for recurrent issues
- Test out new ideas and products by building proof of concepts (POCs), and balancing trade offs between technical, analytical and product needs
- Helping projects implement better ways of working using DevOps principles
- Help the platform team identify engineering tasks and prioritise the backlog in relation to project and support need
- Enhance operational reliability and scalability of existing products
- Streamlining operational tasks through engineering and automation
- Identify simple innovative technical solutions to complex engineering problems
- Improve knowledge amongst the team through documentation, code reviews and pair working
- Collaborate with product engineers regarding technical implementation and product improvements
- Reduce the number of DevOps resources in projects by enabling developers to be more self-service.
We're looking for someone with (from essential to desirable)
- Basic programming skills
- Excellent debugging and problem solving capabilities
- Experience in the use of Linux Operating System
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Great collaboration skills with people of all levels of technical ability
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritise changing workloads
- Combination of analytical skills and a keen interest in technology
- Extensive knowledge of container based technologies (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP)
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment practices
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Be able to work well within a team of varying degrees of skill
- Be empowered to push good ideas forward and challenge the status quo
- Have the ability to innovate
- Want to design and explore new solutions
- Confidence to work independently, using your initiative
- Creative yet structured thinking
- Enjoys solving difficult technical problems
- Relevant degree in Technology or Engineering, or equivalent qualification from an academic institution
- Good understanding of industry best practices
- Good software engineering principles
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- On call allowance
- 25 Days Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours
Note: As some of our customers require Security Clearance, you will need to be eligible, this means you will need:
- To have resided in the country for at least 5 years
- Have no criminal records
- Have no financial irregularities
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution.
- Experience the best opportunities to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others, and through formal learning.
- Help to transform the technology landscapes of household named companies.
Appvia takes the processing and storage of your data seriously. It will be used by us for the sole purpose of future recruitment. Should you have any questions around this, please email: email@example.com